Course Code: MOT-005
This course provides training for those Mariners seeking to upgrade their existing Master or Mate 100 GRT license inland or near Coastal Waters to Master or Mate 200 GRT.
The 200 GRT upgrade course is principally intended who hold a Mater or Mate 100 GRT license or who have completed within 12 months previous to course attendance who wish to upgrade.
Ideally students attending this course should have completed a minimum of one year underway on vessels of appropriate GRT for Inland, Great Lakes, or Near Coastal Licenses with 90 days of that experience acquired during the three years previous to enrollment, and preferably have achieved some Watch-standing experience on the relevant waters.Read more…
Duration: 7 weeks
· Navigational Compasses
· Advanced Navigation
· Cargo Stowage, Security and Handling Gear
· Fire Prevention and Firefighting Appliances
· Lifesaving Appliances and Arrangements
· Ship Stability and Load Lines
· Rules of the Road – Inland and International
· Marine Engineering/Power Plant Operating Principles
Mariners seeking to upgrade their existing Master or Mate 100 GRT license inland or near Coastal Waters to Master or Mate 200 GRT.